Time and attendance systems are an integral part of every business operation. But with the advent of new technologies for time clock software, managing them can be much easier.
Managing the time and attendance in your business should be a simple and efficient process. For many smaller businesses, however, this isn't always true.
It may have started that way when your company was younger and smaller, but as employees were added and the business grew, the old manual methods of recording, tracking, and reporting time and attendance rapidly became overwhelming.
Surprisingly, the answer for many your time and attendance issues can be found in time clock software.
The best time and attendance solutions are designed for busy HR and payroll managers. This means that quality timekeeping solutions are simple to set up, simple to operate, and simple to maintain on a daily basis.
Automated time clock systems typically send employee's time punches to the web for simple editing and reporting by their supervisors. That data can be sent either through a standard phone or fax line or through a digital connection.
A quality time clock software system offers a variety of advanced timekeeping features that can be set up so that most of these run "in the background", so to speak. This allows you to focus on simply collecting time, editing cards, and running reports.
Three Advantages of an Automated Time Clocks
A simple timekeeping solution is one that offers practicality for your process. A good system provides simple hardware setup and a user-friendly approach for tracking employee punches, editing time cards and generating reports for payroll processing.
Automated timekeeping can dramatically reduce the administrative work involved in collecting and calculating employee hours. Because your data is sent electronically for payroll processing, it can eliminate:
- Faxing, phoning in, or any other form of manual transmission of employee data
- Human error associated with manually calculating time sheets
- Labor hours required by payroll clerks to collect and calculate payroll each period
An automated time clock system can provide huge savings for employers. Not only does it provide great convenience for HR staff members, supervisors, and business owners, but it also dramatically reduces labor costs. These savings are created through:
- Eliminated "wasted labor minutes" from employee time theft and approximations
- Eliminated time spent by payroll clerks in collecting and calculating time card data
- Minimized expenses associated with human error in processing timekeeping data
- Increased productivity and accountability for time worked by employees
In addition, there are a number of other benefits that not make the time keeping process easier, but helps to improve any number of integrated and related systems in your business.
Seven Benefits of Time Clock Software
1. Calculate your savings: Track actual minutes worked. Eliminate wasted labor minutes.
2. Cut administrative costs: Automate time tracking and eliminate administrative hours.
3. Increase productivity: Pay employees for minutes worked only.
4. Eliminate so-called "Buddy Punching": Prevent employee time theft.
5. Simple online editing: Log in from any workstation to easily manage data online.
6. Reduce labor costs: Dramatically reduce your cost of labor.
7. Easy setup and operation: Typical hardware can be set up in a matter of minutes.
Outsourcing as an Operational Strategy
The key is to think strategically, and act tactically. In other words, anticipate your needs and expected growth while taking steps today to improve and streamline your current processes and systems. In many ways, your time keeping system can be seen as the scorecard that helps maintain your business. Paying your employees as cost-effectively as possible makes good fiscal sense!
With the wide variety of tasks and responsibilities HR professionals are accountable for, having the best tools at their disposal becomes an ever-present concern. Programs evolve, technology changes, and what was purchased and installed three years ago, for example, may not be sufficient for today.
And while investing in the best available software is a viable option, another direction you can consider is outsourcing. This can be simply outsourcing one process such as payroll. However, with a full-service provider such as Accuchex, you have additional options for outsourcing as well.
Let Accuchex help you in managing your HR needs, payroll processes, and staying on top of compliance demands. Get your Free Download: Payroll Outsourcing Guide to help you make an informed decision or call Accuchex Payroll Management Services at 877-422-2824.