One of the greatest benefits for payroll management professionals is the vast array of powerful and comprehensive software tools available to them. Whether cloud-based, or installed software, having the latest and best HR tools can make your payroll management and HR work far more efficient and manageable.
But which tools to use? What is considered the best, and what are other company's really using? We compared a number of reviews across a broad range of sites and compiled a short list of the top five highest rated and most popular software tools currently on the market.
Most of the tools listed are designed for small to mid-sized businesses. Cost varies significantly, but the investment of a wise choice of tools will pay huge dividends in time savings and efficiency for your HR department.
The Five Most Popular Software Tools for Payroll Management in 2014
While all of these programs are highly rated by both users and software reviewers, they are listed here in order of popularity as averaged over a variety of professionals reviews. While we certainly favor our Accuchex Time2Pay software, doing your own research is absolutely recommended!
1. Accuchex Time2Pay. Time2Pay from Accuchex Corporation is a web-based payroll services application aimed at mid-sized companies. Time2Pay offers users a user convenient, independent platform tht will run on either Internet Explorer 4.0+ or Netscape Navigator 4.0+. Time2Pay is a full service payroll product that processes and delivers your payroll. It also handles all tax deposits and form filing. Time2Pay’s strongest feature has to be its reporting capabilities. The system currently provides users with over 50 standard reports. Just pick a report from the report list, and provide the specifics that you desire. For viewing PDF reports, you’ll need Adobe Acrobat 4.0, Ghostscript or Ghostview 5.0.
2. BambooHR. BambooHR is a complete, web-based Human Resource Information System (HRIS) that enables small and midsize businesses to standardize and automate their HR processing needs. BambooHR is an online HR software service for small and medium-sized businesses that makes it easy and affordable for small and growing companies to transition from spreadsheets to an HRIS that adapts to their changing needs. Clients can save time,too, using BambooHR's Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and HRIS to manage the employee life cycle.
3. iCIMS Talent Platform. iCIMS is a top-ranked, award-winning platform for retention and customer satisfaction. The tool is a good option for companies of all sizes and has extensive talent recruiting and management features. The suite includes: iCIMS Recruit, an applicant tracking system that enables you to find, filter, and recruit quality hires; iCIMS Connect, a talent CRM that gives you tools to build your talent pool and connect with potential candidates; iCIMS Onboard, an on-boarding platform that automates the transition of candidates to productive new hires.
4. Zenefits. Zenefits gives you, your managers, and your employees a single place to manage all your HR payroll, benefits, compliance functions online, in one dashboard. You can seamlessly connect your company's payroll, health insurance, paid time off, and other HR systems with Zenefits in just a few seconds without having to change vendors, plans, or pricing.
5. Ascentis. designed for use by companies with 100 to 2,500 employees, Ascentis HR provides intuitive, automated HR tools. On-demand HRIS applications automate employee tracking and eliminate user error throughout your business. Ascentis provides on-demand human capital management software solutions enabling your HR and payroll team to be more efficient, accurate and accelerated.
Technology, Tools, and Human Resources
Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them.
- Steve Jobs
With the wide variety of tasks and accountabilities HR professionals are responsible for managing, having the best tools at their disposal becomes an ever-present concern. Programs evolve, technology changes, and what was purchased and installed three years ago, for example, may not be sufficient for today.
Companies also grow and evolve, and the needs and requirements of those companies change, as well. So one of the tasks of a proficient HR manager is to keep abreast of the latest trends and offerings in technology.
And while investing in the best available software for your HR functions is a viable option, another direction you can consider is outsourcing. This can be simply outsourcing one process such as payroll. However, with a full-service provider such as Accuchex, you have additional options for outsourcing as well.
Let Accuchex help you in managing your HR needs, payroll processes, and staying on top of compliance demands. Get your Free Download: Payroll Outsourcing Guide to help you make an informed decision or call Accuchex Payroll Management Services at 877-422-2824.