There are many reasons why businesses should consider online payroll outsourcing, especially small to medium sized businesses that may not be able to afford dedicated human resources and payroll clerks. Outsourcing payroll can save staff time, money and be the best payroll solution for your business. In addition, many payroll services offer related services like insurance solutions, retirement planning, and HR functions. And, as a bonus, some online payroll providers offer a green payroll solution.
Go Green with an Online Payroll Solution
As we become more environmentally aware and look for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and excess waste, choosing an online payroll solution becomes a "green" choice. It greatly reduces paper usage, saving you money, and helps retain our natural resources for future generations.
With more and more people choosing direct deposit of their payroll checks, there is little need to print paper checks except for special circumstances. With the convenience of direct deposit, employees no longer need to leave the office during work hours to deposit their checks, reducing driving time, as well. With expert payroll companies, setting up payroll online is quick and easy and is a win/win for everyone involved.
4 Ways an Online Payroll Solution Can Reduce the Carbon Footprint
Following are some of the ways a green payroll solution helps you and your company become a good stewards of the planet:
1. Direct Deposit: Today most people have checking accounts linked to ATM cards, so having direct deposit enables them to have almost immediate direct access to their funds, instead of having to wait several days until the funds are cleared. Also, since employees don’t have to drive to their bank to deposit their check, it reduces driving which saves gasoline and carbon emissions, furthering the positive environmental effects. For those who do not have a bank accounts there are options that your payroll solution provider can offer such as a Paycard, which deposits their salary onto a card similar to a credit card that they can deduct money from or make purchases with.
2. Retirement Account Reporting: A "green payroll solution" that offers 401k and other retirement investment accounts can offer online access, so employees can check their accounts, make investment elections, and access other information online instead of waiting for paper statements in the mail.
3. Health Insurance Information: Having your payroll solution provider set up online health insurance coverage eliminates the need to send out statements via the U.S. mail. Employees can also review the status of medical claims online.
4. Tax Reporting: Payroll service firms can file all the IRS forms that are required, correctly and on time. Online payroll processing programs will send out reminders of when filings and paperwork are due, reducing penalties and keeping business owners compliant.
Tips for Helping you Choose the Best Online Payroll Solution for your Company:
- Only pay for the services you need: Don’t choose a payroll solution that only providea bundled services. Make sure that they also provide “a la carte” services so that you are not forced to pay for services you don’t need.
- Choose a “one-stop shop”: If you do need a variety of services, it’s much easier to choose one vender or provider than dealing with a different one for each service needed. Having a "one-stop shop" means that one call can provide answers to all your payroll and benefits questions.
- Dedicated support team: Having a dedicated person handling your account will give you peace of mind. You will have a reliable resource to go to for answers and problems who will know the nuances of your business.
Choose Wisely and "Go Green"
Choosing the right payroll solution provider for an online payroll service will save you time and money. It will benefit your employees and reduce their impact on the environment. And that is truly a "green" payroll solution.