First and foremost, we hope this message finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe.
Accuchex is ready to serve you and your small business now and through the coming days as our country fights to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are all inspired by the stories we are hearing about the strength, creativity, generosity and perseverance of every small business owner.
As it relates to insurance policies, we wanted to let you know that if you believe you may have a COVID19 –related claim, we highly recommend submitting a claim to your carrier(s) as soon as possible. While in most cases, coverage is unlikely, that is for the carrier, not Accuchex to determine. Each case is unique and there may be some cases where coverage is available.
Most carriers are being flexible and providing many resources to help where they can. Here are some important facts and resources regarding the majority of our carriers.
- Speed and Ease with Digital Service – Each carrier has a website, which is the fastest and easiest way for you to view your policy, make adjustments or get a certificate of insurance. If you need assistance, simply email email@example.com and we will help you access or register for online service.
- Billing plans – Carriers have stepped up and are ready to help with your individual situation. There are a number of options to assist you including extended payment plans and credit card payments. In addition, most have suspended cancellations for non-payment until May 1, 2020 and we will not be assessing late fees for premiums due on or before May 1, 2020.
- Business Interruption Coverage – Business interruption coverage covers losses that result from direct physical loss to property. Generally, a virus doesn’t cause physical loss to property, but every situation will be looked into on a case-by-case basis. We encourage you to review your specific policy language.
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage – Workers’ compensation coverage generally applies if the employee was injured or became ill because of the type of job they have and in the course of performing that job. Every state has its own workers' compensation insurance laws and regulations that govern the coverage available.
- Claims - Every situation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you believe you have had a loss, contact Accuchex at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know how to file a claim with your carrier.
- Annual Premium Audit - If you have a policy that is subject to an annual premium audit, carriers are saying they will be flexible with respect to the completion of final audits, non-compliance notices and making your final premium audit payment.
As the federal government and states implement new regulations, and as the situation develops, carriers will be adjusting their approach wherever needed.
These are challenging times and we look forward to getting through this with you.